Change a life! Adopt today!
If you could give one piece of advice to new pet owners, what would it be?
Facebook is not a vet! If you have any worry ask the Dr, not Dr Google or Dr Facebook.
-- Cory M
Adopting a new pet is super exciting stuff and we're here to help!
Our biggest tip for adopting a pet of any kind is to do your research!
If you're adopting a cat, how are you going to ensure they settle in nicely? Some cats can take months to feel comfortable at a new home.
If you're adopting a puppy, have you looked into puppy school, training methods and socialisation techniques? Are you prepared for toilet training and chewing and digging? Then there's nutritional and health requirements.... There's lots to think about!
We aim to match our foster pets as perfectly as possible with their new homes. We also want to ensure that the potential home is suitable for our foster pets.... So there are a few easy steps we need to cover. Please note that if you are renting we will need written permission from the landlord or real estate for the adoption to go ahead.
1. Fill out the below enquiry form. Make sure there's a valid phone number and if you have specific times you'd prefer for us to contact you in, make sure to add that too.
2. We will then call you within 72 hours to discuss your application. This is the perfect opportunity to raise any questions you have!
3. If you can see the pet living happily ever after with your family, and you can provide their perfect home, we will then set up a 'meet and greet' through the foster carer. This can be done at the foster carer's home in the case of cats, and for vaccinated dogs a local park also works. A local park is a great idea especially if you have an existing pet dog.
4. If the 'meet and greet' goes well, and everyone's confident it's a good match, a home check will be done, and pending the everything is ok...
5. The trial period can commence! Hooray! For most dogs and cats the trial is 2 weeks. This gives everyone a good amount of time to settle into new routines. We recommend taking some leave from work and spending 2-4 days at home with your new pet.... Extra cuddles? We think that's a great excuse! If we feel a few extra weeks will help the pet really shine, we're happy to extend the trial periods.
If at any time you have concerns please email us or contact the foster carer, we make a lifetime commitment to our animals. We'd love to get updates so if you have any great happy snaps make sure to email us on or join our WAPP Alumni group on Facebook!