If you can't foster - sponsor.
If you can't sponsor - volunteer.
If you can't volunteer - donate.
If you can't donate - educate, network, and crosspost.
Everyone can do something.
We are big believers in ‘it all adds up’. There are lots of ways you can contribute to saving a life. It might be by sharing an urgent case on social media, or by helping out at a fundraising event. If you are able to donate towards our veterinary bills, that is also very much appreciated. Vet bills are the biggest cost we see here at WA Pet Project. We provide all our pets in care with standard microchip, vaccination and sterilisation however there are always extras that pop up. An ear infection, an allergy, maybe even an emergency trip the vet.
To donate money to us, you can transfer it using the bank account details below or through our Give Now account using the donate now button! As a registered charity, all donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.
Our bank details are as follows:
WA Pet Project
BSB 302 162
# 0910 851
You can also help us by donating goodies from the 'items we need' list below for the pets in our care. We currently have permanent donation points NOR, SOR and East in Greenwood, Parkwood, Spearwood and Brookdale where you can drop donations to us. Please email us at email@example.com with your nominated point or your suburb and we will let you know the address of the donation point.
If you would like to purchase items for us online to collect or have delivered to us directly from Woolworths, Coles, PETstock, Pet Circle, Pet Barn or any other retailer. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know what store to set for pick up or an address for deliveries! We appreciate any help.
Amazon Wish List
We also have an Amazon Wish List where you can purchase items off of our list and Amazon will automatically ship it to us for you. You can find out Amazon Wish list here.
Items we need!
- Dog and cat food: Biscuits for cats we love Royal Canin (especially for kittens!) and Meals For Mutts. Wet food for cats we LOVE Fancy Feast and any other quality brands. Biscuits for dogs we desperately need allergy friendly dog food - anything 100% fish or kangaroo based (no other meats present)! Meals for Mutts is our preferred brand.
- Puppy and kitten formula: For our orphans, our hand-raisers go through litres of milk replacement formulas keeping the precious babies alive. We love Wombaroo Kitten and Wombaroo Puppy formulas.
- Dog and cat treats: Our dogs love treats! Their favourites are Greenies (M-L dog), Pig Ears, Whimzees, Goat/Deer Horns, Savour Life treats, and anything 100% kangaroo for those with allergies. We will accept any dog treats EXCEPT raw hide. Our cats absolutely love Creamy Treats, Dine Melting Soups, Temptations in Tuna, and Greenies.
- Kitty litter and litter trays: Cats love a clean litter tray! Often there are great sales on litter, our favourites are kitten safe litters or the clumping clay variety (for adults). We prefer not to use crystals.
- Toys: Most of our carers have multiple fosters and so toys are often needing to be replaced. Cats love balls with bells and cat nip toys or even tunnels. Dogs love plush toys with squeakers, kong type treat toys and other chew toys are great for our teething pups.
- Collars, harnesses and leads: We need all sizes of cat and dog collars! Especially dog collars suitable for medium and large sized dogs. Harnesses also come in handy for when our pets are being chauffeured around town - large dog harness are ALWAYS needed!
- Flea and worming treatment: We especially need Advocate cat and kitten treatments, Milbemax All Wormers for cats, and dog flea treatments of all sizes.
- Canesten Hygiene Laundry Rinse: This can be found with laundry detergents at your local Woolworths or Coles. This rinse is great for our carer's with young kittens and pups, or even multiple fosters, to ensure bedding is clean and germ free.
- Paper towels and puppy pads: Puppy carers go through a heap of paper towels when toilet training and puppy pee pads are always needed!
- Dog and cat crates: Cat carriers are always needed by our carers, along with large metal dog crates that we use at our adoption events and to rehabilitate undomesticated cats.
- Cat towers and cardboard scratches: Boy oh boy do we need some towers and scratchers! Our carers with multiple cats are always in need of more climbing frames and cardboard scratches to encourage correct scratching behaviour!
- If you have anything else, such as bedding or bowls, we will never say no!
Fundraising with WAPP!
Containers for Change initiative!
Simply take your eligible containers to your closest collection point and quote our Scheme ID code: C10242491 to donate the .10c per container to help our animals! Visit the Containers for Change website for more information here.
You can purchase an Entertainment Book and 20% of your membership fee goes to us when your purchase through our link! Simply head to our fundraising page on Entertainment AU to purchase here.